DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Planning a DJI Fly "Waypoint Flight" - BEWARE! Unknown altitudes set and no warning provided.

Wow, very close call. Good warning also.

I still think the ending could have been better if a big ‘ol yellowfin took it down into the water! 😉

Reactions: Squidinc
Hi all,

I almost lost my Air 3 this week thanks to not being aware (Pilot Error) of the warning on P41 of the AIR 3 manual regarding the planing of pre-built Waypoint Flights in the DJI Fly App. The manual states...

"The flight route will curve between waypoints, so the aircraft altitude between waypoints may become lower than the altitudes of the waypoints during the flight. Make sure to avoid any obstacles below when setting a waypoint"

Seriously this is fraught with danger. You are not pre-warned of the lower altitude being implemented in the flight vs the altitude you set as a waypoint.

User beware. Suffice to say I'll never go near planning a waypoint mission again. Take a look at this...Whew!
Cheers and safe flying
Squidinc
It has no logic. Why would you it down the bends? I've done missions with the Mavic 3 and nothing like this has ever happened, maybe you made a mistake in planning.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viarenati