DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PhillyDroneLife prohibited from drone operation

But of course this is a not a resolution or a judgment but a court order while he is being held in civil contempt (which I agree with btw). As with any similar finding, it is based on the government providing details since everyone is consider innocent until proven guilty. It's too bad the defendant is without affirmative legal representation else this would be a good time to rally around the defendant on some but NOT all of the issues.. Unfortunately this is likely going to be a blood bath mostly because the defendant is mostly hated by all sides and to a lesser degree, because he has broken the law.

I'm not sure they will have a legal recourse for taking his drones. He needs to be arrested and convicted first. However, it is not a felony (yet) to do the things he had done.

Reactions: sarahb
Can they do that? That seems very unconstitutional.

Unconstitutional things happen each and every day. This entire situation though is needless. There are ample opportunities to fly safely, legally, film, publish, and prosper. This entire story from page one to the current day is just an exercise in stupidity and how one values their time.

This is a guy who got off drugs after years of abuse and got his weight under control because he wanted so much to fly drones, Even though his channel never went anywhere he continued to fly, breaking all the FAA rules sadly.

His last meeting with the FAA before the court decision got him to wanting his 107 and to follow the FAA guidelines so this court decision to stop him from flying now that he became a changed man is heartbreaking as he could have been a great pilot teaching everyone how to fly in the city legally.

Personally < I could not listen to his videos but I did speak with him on the phone a few years back and he was sane enough to know he was insane when it came to flying. lol

I still wish him the best and hope something good can come out of this, as maybe he will get his 107 and they will allow him to start again.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water and Look for UFOs in the skies.

Last edited:
Our constitution has become a joke. If politicians want to do something they do it there is no fear of retribution.

When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.
-Thomas Jefferson-

Our constitution has become a joke. If politicians want to do something they do it there is no fear of retribution.

When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.
-Thomas Jefferson-
Political Talk always gets the Forum Shut Down sadly. You might consider deleting the comments to stop this from happening. Bots are trained on this.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Reactions: Torque and AZDave

-Thomas Jefferson-
Our constitution is not a joke. It’s actually the best written and well thought out document ever to be written. The jokes are the people that try to twist it to fit their extreme and woke agendas.
And I, for one, will not delete this comment. 1st Amendment

Last edited:
Our constitution is not a joke. It’s actually the best written and well thought out document ever to be written. The jokes are the people that try to twist it to fit their extreme and woke agendas.
And I, for one, will not delete this comment. 1st Amendment
From the community guidelines:
We believe in the First Amendment of the US Constitution and public freedom of speech. Meanwhile, that right does not infer that others are required to publish your speech. The MavicPilots Community is not a public resource; it is privately owned and we require members to abide by the rules and decisions of our team. If you post outside these guidelines your post may be edited or deleted - this does not violate your public right to free speech.

Imagine someone firing off their rifle in an unsafe manner, creating danger for neighbors or the general public. He's ordered by law enforcement to cease doing this, but keeps on doing it anyway. After a few escalatory rounds of this, he's hauled in front a judge in to charge him with a violation. And while the case grinds its way through the court system he still keeps firing off his weapon indiscriminately.

Judges have a fairly broad power to impose conditions on defendants in order to preserve the public safety and the integrity of the justice system. This seems to fall under that kind of umbrella. I don't believe it's a permanent ban (at least no yet), merely an order to enforce good behaviour while the court considers the case.

People who are moaning about overreach need to take a step back and understand that the defendant's actions have been pretty egregious. This seems to be a case where there is a pretty clear need to protect public safety. The defendant has not been doing himself any favours.

It's feeling like this thread has about run it's course. One final on-topic point about Mr. Philly, the other real issue I see is that he lacks one big element I think is essential - accountability. He is flying outside of the norms for an insured flight so even if he had insurance, I am sure he would not be covered if he did some genuine property damage. But given his self-reported finances, his lack of insurance, his lack of licensure, and his overall lack of responsibility, it really seems that this is a slow motion train wreck of damage to the hobby.

I fully support his journey to overcome whatever personal challenges he has, but wish he would do so without negative attention to drone operation. He could also CHOOSE to do things the right way, get 107, get insured, fly legally. His results in his personal journey would probably be better if he does it this way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jedderz