DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom is now RID compliant

I'm in the market for another Mavic 2 Pro but I will now need to ascertain that the latest firmware update has NOT been installed before I buy one
If it has tha latest firmware .0797, you can downgrade it to .0790 with the DJI assistant. I just did that with no problem.
Then, if you wish, you can use Drone-Hacks to remove DJI's NFZ and altitude restrictions. This will not work with firmware .0797.

If it has tha latest firmware .0797, you can downgrade it to .0790 with the DJI assistant. I just did that with no problem.
Then, if you wish, you can use Drone-Hacks to remove DJI's NFZ and altitude restrictions. This will not work with firmware .0797.
This is a very useful fact to know. Much obliged sir. No Limit Drones is a Godsend.

Did the update. Got error 180, fixed that. Now I'm getting an error labeled "remote ID error. Unable to take off. Make sure DJI fly can access mobile devices location. Flying without broadcasting required remote ID messages made violate local regulations." What I find weird about this is that I'm using DJI go 4 (fully updated) not DJI fly. Any assistance is appreciated. (FYI I am using the smart controller)
just had to restart the drone and everything worked fine. i could not find the serial number in settings, so if anyone knows where i could find it i would appreciate that. i did use drone scanner on a s22 and the drone came up immediately (to my dismay) with a serial number, uas location and operator location. can i use the serial number that im receiving on my phone or is it a different one that i have to register?

I'm starting to see a disturbing number of complaints from DJI quadcopter owners who updated for Remote ID compliance, only to find that their drone was bricked as a result.

I'm in the market for another Mavic 2 Pro but I will now need to ascertain that the latest firmware update has NOT been installed before I buy one. Thank goodness I reside in the Third World where the FAA and CAA shackles are but distant curiosities. I cannot imagine wading through all the rules and regulations just to fly a drone around my home.
like waynorth said, you are able to downgrade to a pre rid software that is safe.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming