DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm Confused about Mavic 3 propellers replacement. What to buy?

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
I am gearing up for a very long and important trip to Kyrgystan and I am checking out my Mavic 3 original propellers. Lo and behold, the tip of one of them is nicked off. So I am looking at the Amazon site and find all of these options. I know I need to replace all of the propellers (4 sets) right? So what should I buy - original DJI or one of these?

Would really appreciate any guidance.

Dale
Miami
Screenshot 2024-05-05 at 10.46.48 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-05 at 10.46.48 AM.png

Why would you buy cheapo replacements rather than the real thing?
As I said,I am confused. Which one of these is the real thing? Original Mavic $33.95?

Get OE from DJI. There are new regulations in the EU concerning the props. Sound and laceration among them. The silicone tipped ones meet both requirements. DO NOT BUY any others.

Reactions: rp6 and Richard R
Get OE from DJI. There are new regulations in the EU concerning the props. Sound and laceration among them. The silicone tipped ones meet both requirements. DO NOT BUY any others.
Do all four sets have to be replaced at the same time. The other three sets are in good condition

do I need to replace the other 3 sets (they all look good and smoth edges) too?
Do you mean the other 3 props? You only need to replace damaged props.

As mentioned, the other 3 sets are looking fine.
Props that look fine and/or are not damaged do not need to be replaced. Some people like to replace them after x hours of flight anyhow, but that seems kind of counterproductive as a prop could become damaged after any period of use (short or long).

Props that look fine and/or are not damaged do not need to be replaced. Some people like to replace them after x hours of flight anyhow, but that seems kind of counterproductive as a prop could become damaged after any period of use (short or long).
Thanks msinger. That is exactly what I am going to do. Just replaced the damaged prop and kept the other three sets in place and am ordering anothere set A+B. Thanks again for your quick input.

Dale
Miami

Interesting that if you scroll down to where it shows who made these, it does not say
“DJI”
It gets a little more interesting if you scroll down even further. You'll then see the actual DJI packaging.

Reactions: Starz
I always buy OEM parts.

This might be a good opportunity for you to explore the next best thing to OEM, our friends over at Master Airscrew make excellent props for your Mavic 3: Master Airscrew: Mavic 3

For this, you would want to replace all 4 with same but you can compare them to the OEM; much of the favorable feedback is consistent with my personal experience with them (but I don't work there and I don't "endorse" them) since I used them for all of my non-FPV DJI drones.

I am gearing up for a very long and important trip to Kyrgystan and I am checking out my Mavic 3 original propellers. Lo and behold, the tip of one of them is nicked off. So I am looking at the Amazon site and find all of these options. I know I need to replace all of the propellers (4 sets) right? So what should I buy - original DJI or one of these?

Would really appreciate any guidance.

Dale
Miami
View attachment 174802View attachment 174802
I would either choose DJI OEM: or Master Airscrew ENDURE for the mav.3.
Used M/A STEALTH & ENDURE props exclusively for quite a few years now and I wouldn't consider anything else.

Do all four sets have to be replaced at the same time. The other three sets are in good condition
If one is chipped, replace them all. It's not truly necessary, but better safe than sorry. I always replace all 4 at once if a single prop is nicked.

Reactions: cammyjams
This might be a good opportunity for you to explore the next best thing to OEM, our friends over at Master Airscrew make excellent props for your Mavic 3: Master Airscrew: Mavic 3

For this, you would want to replace all 4 with same but you can compare them to the OEM; much of the favorable feedback is consistent with my personal experience with them (but I don't work there and I don't "endorse" them) since I used them for all of my non-FPV DJI drones.

I replace all originals with Master airscrews, I love the color options and the fact I can use different colors front to back. Makes it much easier to see in the sky. They are also much quieter. Mostly I like the color options

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke