DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Day 4 Part 1 Spiders, donkeys and Natures valley

Droffarc

Reactions

Day 4 part 1
I awoke in Victoria bay under the caring unwavering gaze of two lovely rain spiders that warded off any uninvited insectile intruders.The common rain spider (Palystes superciliosus), formerly P. natalius, is a species of huntsman spider native to Southern Africa. It is the most common and widespread species in the genus Palystes. In South Africa its distribution ranges from KwaZulu-Natal province in the east, then westwards to the provinces of Mpumalanga, Limpopo, Gauteng and North West in the north, and Eastern Cape and Western Cape in the south. It has a body length of 15–36 mm and a leg span of up to 110mmIts preferred habitat is scrubland and savannah woodland. Spiders in the genus Palystes are commonly called rain spiders, or lizard-eating spiders. Palystes spiders will often enter homes before rain, where they will prey on geckos (usually Afrogecko porphyreus in Gauteng, the Western Cape.In humans the bite is no more dangerous than a bee sting. It causes a burning sensation, and swelling which lasts for a few days. Recovery is spontaneous and complete.With a light heart in anticipation of the day's riding in (in my opinion) the most beautiful part of the country with mountains, trees and rivers, not to mention twisty roads I set off on my trusty steed at a moderate unhurried pace.I went through places like Wilderness, Sedgefield, Knysna and Plettenberg bay.At the Craggs I conferred with a few local donkeys while easing my well sat upon situpon. From there I tackled the wonderful Grootriver pass down to Natures valley-making a mental note that I should on my return spend a little time there and allow my drone to stretch its props. Then on to the wonderful (closed to traffic) Bloukrans Pass ending in Coldstream. from there on to Humansdorp and just in time to arrive at my destination in Jeffries Bay to visit a very dear (long standing) friend.

Reactions: Prop Wash
Another great video!

Reactions: sarahb
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LMcVetty