DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trouble replacing landing gear leg (front) on Air2S-broke one LED wire

beeflyin

Reactions
Trying to get out the LED light on the Air2S (still attached), the yellow wire is no longer attached. How to repair this?? I don't have a soldering iron, but would buy one if I knew what to get. Ugh. I need this drone this weekend, but don't want to fly it if its "dangerous" to be in the air.

Thanks!IMG_7644.jpg

Last edited:
Put it back on and use it, not dangerous at all.

Trying to get out the LED light on the Air2S (still attached), the yellow wire is no longer attached. How to repair this?? I don't have a soldering iron, but would buy one if I knew what to get. Ugh. I need this drone this weekend, but don't want to fly it if its "dangerous" to be in the air.

Thanks!View attachment 174905
If you really need to get the bird up into the air, as a TEMPORARY fix, you could strip a little of the yellow insulation off the wire and then try welding the bared wire to the pad with a tiny blob of C/A glue (super-glue). C/A is conductive. But afterwards, you'll need to clean off the chemical weld and sort it out properly with a fine tip, variable temperature soldering iron.
Yes, I have done this. Field repair of a similar problem after my Mavic 2 dropped off the low slate wall it was resting on onto its front starboard antenna housing. I was on an uninhabited estuary island waiting for low tide to come round again.

My drone 'medic's' pouch. On my pack every time I head out.
IMG_20240511_072841_068.jpg

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Va1entin