DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery dead on drone, cannot flash and cannot find it

jlhdez

Reactions
Hello, Im new so I took my drone out and told me I had 10 seconds of battery left, it decided to Return to home, but a treen got on the way, not it seems like it fell and then went back up and lost it. Battery is dead, I looked for it for four hours and cannot find it. Is the place that shows the GPS the last place since battery is dead? Can someone taken it and is not showing? Is there a way to reactivate it if battery is lost, I need help! Thank you!

I looked for it for four hours and cannot find it
Were you looking in the correct location?

If you're not sure, you can upload your TXT flight log here to get some more details about what your drone was doing at the time it disconnected from the remote controller. Feel free to share your flight log here if you'd like other members to take a look.

Can someone taken it and is not showing?
Sure, someone could have picked it up. You're not going to see anything on your side when the drone is powered off and/or when the drone is not connected to the remote controller.

Is there a way to reactivate it if battery is lost
No.

Hi jlhdez,
Go on the DJI Fly app either on your phone or your Remote Contrôler, choose Profile, choose Localize my drone, take note of the last Latitude/Longitude you drone was when you lost it and put this information into a Field GPS. Go on the land where you lost your drone, open the GPS, select the path, choose Go To and keep following the direction it will give you till you are at about 10 feet from your drone. It has worked for me at least 6 times in the past. Good luck! P.S. Bring a bottle of water with a hook and 25 feet of rope in case you have to swing the bottle over some branches to retreive your drone on top of a tree. I did it twice that way. Gilles, 84, old boy scout...

Hopefully you marked your drone with at least a phone #. I have # on outside and in battery compartment along with 'Reward if found'. Got my P4 back that way after loss in a hurricane.. true story.

There are 2 tools on your controller that should help:
1. under Profile , select Find My Drone. because the battery is dead the Start Flashing and Beeping feature won't work, but the map should show you the last location and you can zoom in as you get closer. Even more helpful in that feature: there should be an in-screen pop up/window to video that plays the last few seconds before it lands. that shoudl help you recognize terrain features to orient yourself as you get close.
2. Similar feature under "Safety"

Good luck!

@AK207 the video above is displaying "this video is unavailable".

Were you looking in the correct location?

If you're not sure, you can upload your TXT flight log here to get some more details about what your drone was doing at the time it disconnected from the remote controller. Feel free to share your flight log here if you'd like other members to take a look.

Sure, someone could have picked it up. You're not going to see anything on your side when the drone is powered off and/or when the drone is not connected to the remote controller.

No.
Thank you for your help; I analyzed the flight log and found it on the roof underwater because it had rained the day before. It's destroyed, but we found it.

Reactions: MA2 317 and msinger
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treknotika