DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

US Part 107 Pilot Mav3 - going on vacation to France - Questions

MavPro72

Reactions
Hi, I'm really not sure on the laws out there, but are there any considerations i need to take ? I'm even contemplating not taking my drone or camera, given i fly and shoot for a living so use it daily. BUT !!!! i know i'll regret it if i don't. The part of France i'm going to is very scenic.

Anyway cutting a long story short, My Mav3 is US based. Are there any considerations to take a a recreational flyer in Europe, namely France?

Hi, I'm really not sure on the laws out there, but are there any considerations i need to take ? I'm even contemplating not taking my drone or camera, given i fly and shoot for a living so use it daily. BUT !!!! i know i'll regret it if i don't. The part of France i'm going to is very scenic.

Anyway cutting a long story short, My Mav3 is US based. Are there any considerations to take a a recreational flyer in Europe, namely France?
Yes, quite a few things to consider.

Last year, after comparing the French map of prohibited flight areas to our planned travel route, and despite the fact that I already had an EU license, I left my drones at home and focused on enjoying the food, scenery, conversation, and wine. And the bread. I shot photos with the phone. No regrets. It was nice not to have another thing to lug around, too.

Do a search for the French drone map; that alone might make the decision for you. Then look at the regulations for non-citizens if you're still inclined to take the Mavic 3.

Reactions: Ancient Aviator

The EU regulations are pretty reasonable for C0 and C1 drones, but since your Mavic 3 is in the US it probably did not come with EU C1 certification. You can apply for it through the DJI Fly app, but only while physically in the EU — and unless your trip will be months long you won’t get the C1 certification sticker until you are already back in the US. Without the C1 sticker you have to follow the quite strict C3 rules (same as if you were flying an Inspire). I wrote a big post about the EU rules last year if you want more info.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ralph.smith.mckenzie@gmai