DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote ID for Mavic 2 Pro

Is anyone having issue after dowloading the new firmware for the remote ID that you cant use the dji pilot pe with the Mavic 2 pro. We have been using this for mapping for the last 2 years now it wont work. DJI is saying that we cant and should not have being able to use it for mapping. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We have a job coming up Friday.

Sharing my frustrating experience enabling RID on my M2P (with smart controller 01.01.0076 AND the original iPhone controller). For reference, I'm Part 107 and the M2P has been registered since purchase three years ago. The short version of the problem statement is I could not get remote ID to show up in the settings, even with the newest firmware and app versions.

Here we go ...

• Updated aircraft firmware to version 01.01.0797.
  • Updated DJI Go 4 app to version 4.3.60
  • Using both the smart controller and the iPhone controller, Remote ID number was not visible in the "about" section of the settings.
  • Tried rebooting everything.
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled DJI Go 4 app
  • Tried again - still no remote ID displayed in settings
  • Googled, watched YouTube videos - no help.
  • Started online support chat with DJI. Agent told me the remote ID wont display in the settings until AFTER the aircraft registration is updated on the FAA website. Maybe every M2P user already knew this, but apparently, I missed that memo.
  • Determined the remote ID number using 1581F + serial number + 0
  • Logged into the FAA Drone Zone website.
  • Deleted old registration.
  • Created new registration using the newly decoded RID number.
  • Paid $5 for 3 years - registration complete
  • Took the M2P and controllers outdoors.
  • Started up the M2P and connected it to the Smart Controller. SUCCESS! Remote ID appeared with active status.
  • Flew a short test flight, then returned to home.
  • Paired M2P to the original (iPhone) controller. SUCCESS again! Remote ID appeared with active status. Flew a short test flight.
For me it was counterintuitive that I would need to register with the FAA in order for the controller to display the RID number.

Anyhow, I'm flying again. Maybe this will help someone else.

Last edited:
Reactions: anotherlab
Sharing my frustrating experience enabling RID on my M2P (with smart controller 01.01.0076 AND the original iPhone controller). For reference, I'm Part 107 and the M2P has been registered since purchase three years ago. The short version of the problem statement is I could not get remote ID to show up in the settings, even with the newest firmware and app versions.

Here we go ...

• Using both the smart controller and the iPhone controller, Remote ID number was not visible in the "about" section of the settings.
  • Started online support chat with DJI. Agent told me the remote ID wont display in the settings until AFTER the aircraft registration is updated on the FAA website. Maybe every M2P user already knew this, but apparently, I missed that memo.
  • Started up the M2P and connected it to the Smart Controller. SUCCESS! Remote ID appeared with active status.
  • Paired M2P to the original (iPhone) controller. SUCCESS again! Remote ID appeared with active status. Flew a short test flight.
For me it was counterintuitive that I would need to register with the FAA in order for the controller displayed the RID number.

You're right, it makes no sense. Why should you have to guess at a RID serial number and register it, before it shows you the RID serial number? But I'm glad you got working and this should help someone else who is having problems with it. Thanks

Here we go ...

For me it was counterintuitive that I would need to register with the FAA in order for the controller displayed the RID number.

Thanks, you would think they would have explained that somewhere. My M2P was registered before RID went into effect, it was odd having to cancel the first registration to add a new one with the RID.

Reactions: KB9Radio
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear