DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Preparing Mavic Pro and Platinum for sale questions

370Z2017

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I am currently preparing my Mavic Pro and Platinum's for sale and if I understand the procedure correctly this is done using DJI Assistant. I followed that procedure for the MP and was told this was 100% returned to factory specs. My question is how can I tell this was completed? I linked the drone and controller as I normally would and I guess I expected some sort of notification this was done however I could still log on and fly without any issues. Also I guess I expected to be able to log into the Go app and see this was no longer linked to my account. I know I'm misunderstanding this somehow. I want to make sure when I sell them the new owner has no issues putting them into their account. Thanks for all your assistance..

Those two older models will not be an issue for any new owner. They are not like some of the newer models that need to be unbound from a previous owner's account. Keep in mind, any working batteries you have are becoming hard to find.

Those two older models will not be an issue for any new owner. They are not like some of the newer models that need to be unbound from a previous owner's account. Keep in mind, any working batteries you have are becoming hard to find.
Thanks for the reply. Hopefully I did all that was necessary. Seems strange that I could still fly them after. It would seem there should be a notification to add to an account before anyone else could fly them.

Seems strange that I could still fly them after. It would seem there should be a notification to add to an account before anyone else could fly them.
Not really ... you never had to add them to an account before you could fly them.

So would this mean that the batteries are somewhat valuable now due to scarcity?

So would this mean that the batteries are somewhat valuable now due to scarcity?
Some may say that. If they are in working order(takes a charge and all cells read acceptable)they do have a value. One way to see those values would be the sold listings on the all powerful eBay.

Reactions: MKurr
Some may say that. If they are in working order(takes a charge and all cells read acceptable)they do have a value. One way to see those values would be the sold listings on the all powerful eBay.
Just checked Ebay for Mavic Pro items in general. There are some good sales there, but it varies a lot.
I am hoping to upgrade at some point, and maybe now is the time. I still have a Mavic Pro 1 with a case, multicharger, and many accessories, but I am not sure how much I could get out of that. Maybe it's just better to leave it as a backup drone?

Nothing wrong with a backup. You only need to monitor the batteries to keep them healthy.

Reactions: MKurr
the biggest privacy issue is what is stored and potentially not cleared in the black box even after a 'factory reset'

if you have ever flown or turned on the aircraft at your house for example, its recored in there right down to the centimeter

possibly some other wifi and ID related info

the biggest privacy issue is what is stored and potentially not cleared in the black box even after a 'factory reset'
if you have ever flown or turned on the aircraft at your house for example, its recored in there right down to the centimeter
possibly some other wifi and ID related info
Sorry, but that's not true at all.
What's stored in the aircraft is data from only the last few flights and it's encrypted .
No-one can read it except DJI.

Sorry, but that's not true at all.
What's stored in the aircraft is data from only the last few flights and it's encrypted .
No-one can read it except DJI.
plenty of 3rd parties can read it.. like Airdata.. not to mention that the OG gang and a dozen other repos on Github have decryption keys including decryption of the firmware modules, how do you think NLD hacks work..

plenty of 3rd parties can read it.. like Airdata.. not to mention that the OG gang and a dozen other repos on Github have decryption keys including decryption of the firmware modules, how do you think NLD hacks work..
You are thinking of the flight data that the app saves on the phone/tablet/controller.
That's quite different from the .dat files that are saved in the drone itself.
You cannot read the drone's internal files and even if you could, they wouldn't reveal any personal info.

Aircraft DAT files
These contain the most comprehensive data, logged at the highest rates. A DAT file is started at aircraft power up and continued until power down, and includes numerous boot sequence, sensor calibration and diagnostic data in the flight event stream. There are also hundreds of data fields, many of which are flags or diagnostic computations of unknown types, probably understood only by DJI. However, among these are the raw and processed sensor data and the IMU solution for aircraft attitude, position, velocity and heading, together with battery and motor data, recorded at rates varying from 5 Hz to 200 Hz. These data are very valuable for diagnosing flight control problems. The files exist independent of the mobile device control app being used.
Unfortunately, on recent DJI models (Mavic Air, Mavic 2, Mavic Mini and Mavic Air 2 and Mavic Mini 2) the decryption keys are hidden, and so those are not readable except by DJI.

Not my quote.. but as you can see the original Mavic Pro is not on this list

Reading Aircraft DAT files

These are only readable from the Mavic Mini, Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum (plus Phantom 3, Inspire 1, Phantom 4, Phantom 4 Pro, Inspire 2, Inspire 2 Pro, Matrice 100, Matrice 200, Matrice 600, and Spark). All except the Mavic Mini record the DAT files on internal aircraft memory, and a guide to retrieving them from the aircraft can be found on @BudWalker's DatCon website. The Mavic Mini maintains the most recent DAT file named fc_log.log on the removeable SD card in hidden folder: MISC » LOG » flylog. Change the file extension from .log to .DAT to read the file with DatCon.
Aircraft DAT files are much larger files than the mobile device files, and generally too large to post directly to this forum. The best solution is to upload them to Dropbox or similar and then post a link.

again, not my quote.. sourced from 3rd party

And lastly.. from the Airdata service ...

DJI DAT file upload instructions

You can now upload the log file from the DJI aircraft ("DAT file") directly to Airdata.

Please follow the instructions below to upload these log files.

We support DAT files from these drones:
  • DJI Phantom 3 Standard / 4K / Advanced / Professional / SE
  • DJI Phantom 4 / Advanced / Pro / Pro+ / Pro V2 / RTK
  • DJI Inspire 1 and Inspire 2
  • DJI Mavic Pro and Mavic Platinum
  • DJI Matrice 100, 200, 210, RTK, 600, 600 Pro, V2 (M100,M200,M210,M210, M600 and M600 Pro)
  • DJI Spark
Please note: Mavic 2, Mavic Air, Air 2S, Mavic Mini, M300 RTK, and FPV drones DAT files extracted from the aircraft are not supported.

Airdata also supports ALL mobile device DAT files (for ALL drone types) from your phone/tablet - these are available in the MCDatFlightRecordfolder:
  • On Android these will be under /DJI/dji.go.v4/FlightRecord/MCDatFlightRecords
  • On iOS these will be under File Sharing in iTunes -> FlightRecords (Save to disk) and then open MCDatFlightRecords folder under it in your computer

And lastly.. from the Airdata service ...

You can now upload the log file from the DJI aircraft ("DAT file") directly to Airdata.
OK .. so you can read the .dat file from an old original Mavic Pro.
But it's not going to show any sensitive, private information.
I've read the .txt files from hundreds of flight incidents and they don't reveal anything except where the drone has been flown, how high, how fast etc.

OK .. so you can read the .dat file from an old original Mavic Pro.
But it's not going to show any sensitive, private information.
I've read the .txt files from hundreds of flight incidents and they don't reveal anything except where the drone has been flown, how high, how fast etc.
I am not talking about the .txt files.. the .dat files record **** near everything.. don't believe me.. send me a .dat file from your Mavic and I will let you know what you had for breakfast. It records **** near everything .. just like an aircraft black box...

I am not talking about the .txt files.. the .dat files record **** near everything.. don't believe me.. send me a .dat file from your Mavic and I will let you know what you had for breakfast. It records **** near everything .. just like an aircraft black box...
I'm well aware of what it records and it doesn't include any sensitive personal information.
Your concerns about the internal data are very exaggerated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sustain.Ukraine