DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Never bought from B&H Photo... should i?

Droning on and on...

Reactions
For some unknown reason, my Avata 2 order with Amazon keeps getting delayed. B&H Photo has them in stock with free 2-day shipping.

I'm contemplating canceling my Amazon order, and buying from B&H... Should I? If you've bought from them, did you have a good experience? If you've returned anything, how was that experience? One of the reasons I like to purchase from Amazon is the generous, easy return policy and process. However I rarely ever use it, pretty much only if something is defective.

I await your thoughts...

I have bought several things from B&H. They are very reputable and will deliver on time. If you have a problem with the order they will refund or replace the item

I have bought tons of stuff from B&H including several drones and cameras. Not only are they super fast (sometimes ship the same day) but also they seems to have good stock on new stuff when it first comes out and their website is accurate. They have even shipped price mistake (instead of cancel). They also sometimes put together their own bundle at a great price. You need to catch them on timing because they have traditional hours which affect even online sales.

However, for me the biggest selling point is the B&H credit card called Payboo. You can charge your B&H purchase to Payboo and they will pay the sales tax for you (regardless where you live). I don't work for them or endorse them but that has been a huge savings for me. For example:

DJI Mavic 3 Fly More Combo with RC Pro Remote & Accessory Kit
Order Summary
Subtotal$3,898.00
ShippingFREE
Sales Tax$354.72

Total$4,252.72
Payboo Card Savings-$354.72
You Paid$3,898.00

B&H Photo Video, similar to Adorama Camera, is a New York City based retailer that started out selling camera gear and over time expanded to other electronics. They both have brick & mortar stores in NYC. They are reputable and have been in business for decades. I have purchased thousands of dollars worth of Camera gear from both stores from CA. They also ship your order fast in my experience.

B&H is a great company. That's one of my go-to places when I cannot find items I need on Amazon.

For some unknown reason, my Avata 2 order with Amazon keeps getting delayed. B&H Photo has them in stock with free 2-day shipping.

I'm contemplating canceling my Amazon order, and buying from B&H... Should I? If you've bought from them, did you have a good experience? If you've returned anything, how was that experience? One of the reasons I like to purchase from Amazon is the generous, easy return policy and process. However I rarely ever use it, pretty much only if something is defective.

I await your thoughts...
Count me as a whole hearted endorser of B and H. They are reliable, efficient, and great to deal with. Their support cannot be beat. They have both CHAT and online video chat with an expert which I have used numerous times. I have had two 2 hour video support calls when I purchased my $4000 Nikon Z8 camera, a very complex machine with tons software menus and settings. We could not get through all of the menus so I did another support call for an hour. The techs are great and you can talk face to face with them and see the camera settings. I did another tech call recently when I had questions about the purchase of a circular polarizing filter of the Z8 lens. I also ordered a lens, and other items from them.

In addition, I'd highly recommend applying for their Pay Boo Master Card which allows you to save the total cost of taxes.

I'd consider B and H the paragon of an ethical camera company with great in stock merchandise, great support, and rapid services and delivery. I have absolutely nothing to do with them financially. I am a completely independent photographer. If you want to call me for further information, just start a conversation for my phone number.

I noted you are from Santa Cruz. I visited my grandson there when he was at UC Santa Cruz and did these videos.

Dale Davis MD
Miami

Last edited:
I have been using B&H since the '70s. Yes, use them. Shipping is fairly low, most items are in stock. If not they say so. Fast shipping but you have to work around the Sabbath. They are good.

Count me as a whole hearted endorser of B and H. They are reliable, efficient, and great to deal with. Their support cannot be beat. They have both CHAT and online video chat with an expert which I have used numerous times. I have had two 2 hour video support calls when I purchased my $4000 Nikon Z8 camera, a very complex machine with tine software menus and settings. We could not get through all of the menus so I did another support call for an hour. The techs are great and you can talk face to face with the and ee the camera settings. I did another tech call recently when I had questions about the purchase of a circular polarizing filter of the Z8 lens. I also ordered a lens, and other items from them.

In addition, I'd highly recommend applying for their Pay Boo Master Card which allows you to save the total cost of taxes.

I'd consider B and H the paragon of an ethical camera company with great in stock merchandise, great support, and rapid services and delivery. I have absolutely nothing to do with them financially. I am a completely independent photographer. If you want to call me for further information, just start a conversation for my phone number.

I noted you are from Santa Cruz. I visited my grandson there when he was at UC Santa Cruz and did these videos.

Dale Davis MD
Miami
You nailed it!! It is a photographer's heaven with knowledgeable angels.

YEs B&H is one of the most reputable companies around. I buy from them regularly and most time get it before they say it will arrive. They have been doing this since way before the internet. I used to get their catalogs back in the 80's along with Adorama.

Agree with everyone but most importantly if you ever get a chance try to visit their store. Their staff are incredibly knowledgeable and friendly without being pushy. I visited the B&H in New York city and was pleasantly surprised at the store set-up, choices of product, etc. I've never had an issue with them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ralph.smith.mckenzie@gmai