DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HELP! Mini 2 moving on its own!

KJ-Mini2

Reactions
Hi, I've faced a problem when flying my Mini 2 yesterday and would appreciate it if someone could enlighten me and help me out.

I've never experienced this before. Today, I took my Mini 2 out and decided to go on a joyride so I flew it down the road and above my place for a little while. For the first few minutes, everything seemed fine, but after a little while, my drone started completely losing control. I moved the stick forward and the drone flew to the right, the drift was often very strong and it was really just a mess. I managed to land it and was concerned because I couldn't see any pattern.

At times the drone did everything it should and then a minute later it was once again moving in the opposite direction and so on. I really don't know what's causing this and apart for a little crack in the leg thanks to my little brother (which I glued up and hasn't caused a problem since) there is no damage I know of.

Help!

Thanks a lot for any help, and have an awesome day,

KJ

I'll answer any questions as best I can to help with more information and will send any media needed if possibl

Reactions: RodPad
Did you have the drone in ATTI Mode?

As for airdata and phantom help, you will have to google them, I can't post links at the moment.
There are instructions on the phantomhelp log viewer page and there may be instructions somewhere in airdata but, if you choose airdata, I would suggest manually uploading to airdata rather than using the airdata app.

Reactions: RodPad and KJ-Mini2
Connect the phone to a computer via a USB cable then use the computer to run a search on the phone for "DJIFlightRecord". Copy all the logs to your computer. The log you seek will have a date and time stamp in its name that corresponds to the time of the motor start. That assumes you are using windows etc, things may be a bit more awkward if you are using a mac.

Connect the phone to a computer via a USB cable then use the computer to run a search on the phone for "DJIFlightRecord". Copy all the logs to your computer. The log you seek will have a date and time stamp in its name that corresponds to the time of the motor start. That assumes you are using windows etc, things may be a bit more awkward if you are using a mac.

I've uploaded it to Phantomhelp now I just send the link in here?

May have occurred when you switched to Tripod Mode

No. This is a manual feature

I'd suggest you post a photo of the crack in the arm.

The chalky and crunchy-looking white stuff is dried up glue, but might be good to note that this has been there for a while and the drone only, at certain times moved weirdly, nearly only while I was telling it to do something with the controller and in directions without any notable pattern.

Attachments

• 20240430_191319.jpg
    20240430_191319.jpg
    1,003.6 KB · Views: 19
I haven't looked at the log yet.

"The chalky and crunchy-looking white stuff is dried up glue, but might be good to note that this has been there for a while and the drone only, at certain times moved weirdly, nearly only while I was telling it to do something with the controller and in directions without any notable pattern."

My question,
How long have you had this bird and why is there glue on it?

Rod ..

Reactions: Cafguy and KJ-Mini2
I haven't looked at the log yet.

"The chalky and crunchy-looking white stuff is dried up glue, but might be good to note that this has been there for a while and the drone only, at certain times moved weirdly, nearly only while I was telling it to do something with the controller and in directions without any notable pattern."

My question,
How long have you had this bird and why is there glue on it?

Rod ..

Got the drone about a month ago and I made the foolish mistake of making my little brother fly it, boom. Flew it into a parasol and it was fine until afterward I noticed a crack in the arm. The arm was not shaky but a little detached, to the point at which I could with a little force wiggle it back and forth a matter of millimeters. It did always snap back to the right spot and I have to say it was still working fine even before I glued it up. Then I glued it and have been flying it since then without problems whatsoever. The glue stopped the light movability of the arm completely.

• Love
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dozerdan