DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 Heavy Rain, extreme winds, and a little luck...

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions

I keep flying the air 3 in worse conditions and it keeps surprising me.... only disappointing thing is the storm was so **** dark lots of noise during the day.....

Attachments

• Untitled_1.3.19-01.jpeg
    Untitled_1.3.19-01.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • Untitled_1.3.10-01.jpeg
    Untitled_1.3.10-01.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
  • Untitled_1.2.7-01.jpeg
    Untitled_1.2.7-01.jpeg
    939.5 KB · Views: 15
  • DJI_20240516182508_0003_D-01.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 4
Awesome shots! I lived in Austin TX for a few years. I have done many jobs in Houston. I spent a week there doing roof inspections after a huge hail storm.

Reactions: sarahb and VenomXts
Very impressive! I've not flown in the precipitation and don't know how my Air 3 would respond. What are your lessons???
Honestly, it flies really well in light and medium rain. If it starts to pelt down then i bring it in, im usually up filming the direction its coming in anyways and can see the big wall of water coming as well.... my air2s flied great in it the air 3 flies even better.

Also helps, I fly it like i stole it sometimes to get the shot im willing to take the risk but once its down i just wipe it down and over the air 2s the air 3 seems to keep the camera better with water as well.

Honestly, it flies really well in light and medium rain. If it starts to pelt down then i bring it in, im usually up filming the direction its coming in anyways and can see the big wall of water coming as well.... my air2s flied great in it the air 3 flies even better.

Also helps, I fly it like i stole it sometimes to get the shot im willing to take the risk but once its down i just wipe it down and over the air 2s the air 3 seems to keep the camera better with water as well.
Thank you so much for your response! I'll have to try it sometime!

Reactions: VenomXts
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ralph.smith.mckenzie@gmai