DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 3 SPECS LEAKED!

I had hoped sitting would help, it just didn't. I had a concussion earlier in life, so I think my headaches can get triggered by stuff like this. At least the immersive part of FPV with the goggles. But the Hulk ride at Universal also screwed me up the same way. Not sure, but oh well.

Maybe. While the FPV was awesome, it created too much motion sickness for me. Nausea, headaches, etc. So I parted ways with it.
Unlikely in my case. I've done aerobatics in full-sized airplanes. I never get airsick. I've set all of my Minis to display in baby-FPV mode. My flying has gotten smoother as a result of doing that.

Carsick, however, is an entirely different matter. If I'm not in one of the two front seats, you may as well just give me a barf bag at the beginning of the trip...

MM

Any vids?

MM
Of course!

This one is from 20 days ago. I'm improving technique so the next video can be as hair-raising as I can safely make it.

Of course!

This one is from 20 days ago. I'm improving technique so the next video can be as hair-raising as I can safely make it.
Thought I could fly . . . HA !
Ditto EpicFlight’s response !

Of course!

Awesome, that totally made my morning!

I'm more of a forest-and-mountain guy that a city guy, but you did a very good job with this.

When I first started watching the drones vids here, I couldn't really appreciate them. I had a lousy internet connection that could sustain 1080p sometimes, on a good day, an a 1080p TV. Now, with Starlink and my new 4K TV, I can actually see how cool some of this stuff is.

The little red devil on my left shoulder has been roused from his slumber, and is once again chanting about the FPV, "Do it! Do it! Don't be a wimp!"

But the Mini-3 needs to come first...or does it...?

1650467210088.png

MM

FPV really opens up your horizons. Due to the way acro kwads are flown, you can do pretty much anything you want beyond what a stabilized drone allows. Specially if you live at a resort city while out of season: city's devoid of ppl so you can pretty much use it as a training ground as long as local police allows you to do so.

Reactions: Coskier
FPV really opens up your horizons. Due to the way acro kwads are flown, you can do pretty much anything you want beyond what a stabilized drone allows. Specially if you live at a resort city while out of season: city's devoid of ppl so you can pretty much use it as a training ground as long as local police allows you to do so.
Fortunately, I can do that here!

It's just a question of money.

MM

Reactions: Korrd
Awesome, that totally made my morning!

I'm more of a forest-and-mountain guy that a city guy, but you did a very good job with this.

When I first started watching the drones vids here, I couldn't really appreciate them. I had a lousy internet connection that could sustain 1080p sometimes, on a good day, an a 1080p TV. Now, with Starlink and my new 4K TV, I can actually see how cool some of this stuff is.

The little red devil on my left shoulder has been roused from his slumber, and is once again chanting about the FPV, "Do it! Do it! Don't be a wimp!"

But the Mini-3 needs to come first...or does it...?

View attachment 147009

MM
Red Devil here.... NO!!! You do not need the Mini 3 first. Given where you are, the FPV would be SOOOOOOOOO much more fun.

That is if you want to FLY! Get your heart pumping (100% cardiologist approved 😁).

Think: The Mini 3 is a camera drone. You've got 5 of those already. Is there some footage, of the flag perhaps, that that Mini 3 is going to make so much better than the 2?

The Mini 3 will be an improvement, no doubt. But it will be incremental, in the end, if there isn't some improvement in image quality so compelling that, for your use, is really worth it.

The rest of what the Mini 3 brings to the table isn't really that exciting or amazing, just a lot of good stuff from the bigger brothers available at a lower (but apparently not much) price. You'll be bored with OA, APAS, and Focus Track within a week, if you don't really need them.

Get an FPV and it is a radically different experience every time you fly.

Red Devil, out 😆

I always found OA to be lacking for use cases where it would matter and superfluous for everything else.

Go FPV. Why fly a cow when you can instead do a raptor

Reactions: Coskier
Red Devil here.... NO!!! You do not need the Mini 3 first. Given where you are, the FPV would be SOOOOOOOOO much more fun.
Well...the way the pricing is firming up on the Mini-3, the FPV is now back in competition for my next drone.

If I did all the conversions right, a basic Mini-3 kit...drone, remote, and one battery...will cost $712. Definitely pushing into FPV territory. One point for you, Red Devil!

"But wait!", the fiscally responsible White Angel cried out. "The Mini-2 controller will work with the Mini-3, so you could get a basic-basic kit...just drone and one battery...for only $635! You already have that much set aside in your 'Next Drone' fund!"

Score one for the Angel.

Decisions, decisions...

Perhaps a used FPV might tip the balance? My first and only used drone purchase, my Mini-1 FMC, turned out so well that I'm now definitely willing to consider a used DJI FPV basic kit.

If I could find that for not more than $700, I think the Red Devil would have the White Angel in a firm headlock...
Think: The Mini 3 is a camera drone. You've got 5 of those already. Is there some footage, of the flag perhaps, that that Mini 3 is going to make so much better than the 2?
Almost certainly not, Red Devil.
Get an FPV and it is a radically different experience every time you fly.
True. An FPV would provide vastly more newness to my fleet than the Mini-3 would.

I'll get both eventually. It's just a question of which one comes first!

I've posted an inquiry in the "Classifieds" section about anybody looking to sell a used DJI FPV basic kit.

The battle rages on!

1650553718356.png

MM (for now...)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear