DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed my Mavic Pro!

NC_Spark_3D

Reactions
Coming back from a routine flight the drone barely touched a tree and it came down hard. Broke three props, the gimbal broke off and one leg came unhinged. How long does it take for Care Refresh to replace my drone? Also, the video I was making was lost, so no video of the actual crash. :(

Coming back from a routine flight the drone barely touched a tree and it came down hard. Broke three props, the gimbal broke off and one leg came unhinged. How long does it take for Care Refresh to replace my drone? Also, the video I was making was lost, so no video of the actual crash. :(
The video from the flight is not needed with care refresh only the aircraft. Go to the Dji website and follow the instructions for submitting a care refresh claim. Don't know the turn around time though.

Reactions: Former Member
The video from the flight is not needed with care refresh only the aircraft. Go to the Dji website and follow the instructions for submitting a care refresh claim. Don't know the turn around time though.
Thank you. I just wanted to see the video of the flight because I was using the Mavic to search for my other lost drone, the Syma X8C - also the crash. There are no partial files on the SD card. Nothing to recover. However, there might be a record in my phone.

I used it for my MPP. Took about 9 days to get the working drone. Started late on a Saturday evening so you could be quicker, but DJI says a week. As stated above nothing needed except the drone. They will give you instructions via the site.

I used it for my MPP. Took about 9 days to get the working drone. Started late on a Saturday evening so you could be quicker, but DJI says a week. As stated above nothing needed except the drone. They will give you instructions via the site.
Sounds good. I tried to call today, but by the time I found the number they were closed. So I'll call tomorrow. Glad to hear it doesn't take like two months! :)

By the way, here's a picture. The leg on the right side of the picture has the hinge pin popped out, so it won't close all the way.

Attachments

• IMG_20190404_135217937.jpg
    IMG_20190404_135217937.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 78
Every time I go to the web site I get the Russian page! I've tried about 6 times or more! I put in dji.com/support and I keep getting dji.com/ru/support. Finally, crawling through the site I found the phone number for the USA.
If you’re in the U.S. clear you cache and restart your computer. If not, Googl it and select the English version.

My experience with DJI phone support has been very frustrating to put it mildly. My experience with DJI web support has exceeded my expectations. The DJI refresh program has worked great for me. Totaled my first MPP and battery DJI refresh covered MPP and new warranty covered the battery that had hole in casing. I was just flying ignorant and over my head. DJI never gave me one push back. In hindsite I wish I had opted for root cause of crash DJI offers but did not want to wait the extra time that may have taken to get replacement drone I knew my drone was totaled. Totally my fault regardless of root cause of crash since I should have never tried to fly where I was flying. Lesson learned do the web and leave the call center out of equation unless you speak fluently in Chinese.

If you live on the East Coast, it takes about 1 week to send it to the repair/replacement center (using the DJI Care instructions and the pre--paid address label once you fill out the form), - then a couple of days for them to receive it and about another week to send it back to you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02