DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nasty9999

Reactions
Welcome to my story of Gimbal Motor Overload.

Around 4 months ago I starting getting the dreaded GMO pop up while flying my Mavic 2 Zoom. The camera wouldn't stabilize and thought that's not ideal, packed it away and decided to sort it at a later date. Couple of weeks later I took it out for a fly and after a minute up pops the Gimbal Motor Overloaded message.

Fast forward a few months, I purchased a replacement Gimbal YR Axis Arm/Motor Assembly. Installed this yesterday and now have an issue where the gimbal will not center itself when after turning on. If I give it a few flicks it seems to right itself. If I run the python JointCoarse calibration if starts and finishes without issue and centers the gimbal. If I run the LinearHall calibration it starts and then sh#ts itself after a couple of seconds and doesn't finish.

Very strange....

I also still have the Gimbal Motor Overload error. I'm now running through a list of what else could possibly be causing the issues/fixes
  • Pitch motor, this is the only motor in the gimbal assembly that hasn't been replaced​
  • Gimbal board, could be malfunctioning and causing the issues​
  • Take the hit and get a complete gimbal module replacement​
  • Whole things f#cked, take it out back and shoot it like the dog it is​
There's a link to a quick video below showing the gimbal dance upon start up. If anyone has any pearls of wisdom I'd be more than happy to hear them.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter