DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shortest Photo interval available?

wxperson

Reactions
HI... quick one. I thought I saw several youtube videos demonstrating the interval single shot option with the MP2... that had a minimum interval of 2 seconds. I only see a minimum of 5 seconds on the settings. Shows 5, 7 10, 15, 20, 30 and 60 seconds as the options.

Did this change recently or am mistaken?

HI... quick one. I thought I saw several youtube videos demonstrating the interval single shot option with the MP2... that had a minimum interval of 2 seconds. I only see a minimum of 5 seconds on the settings. Shows 5, 7 10, 15, 20, 30 and 60 seconds as the options.

Two-seconds only with JPEGs according to v2.0 of the manual. Are you shooting in RAW or mixed JPEG & RAW?

RAW images take longer to process and save, which would account for the higher minimum interval rate when shooting RAW images.

JPEG: 2/3/5/7/10/15/20/30/60s
RAW: 5/7/10/15/20/30/60s

Reactions: THE CYBORG
thank
Two-seconds only with JPEGs according to v2.0 of the manual. Are you shooting in RAW or mixed JPEG & RAW?

RAW images take longer to process and save, which would account for the higher minimum interval rate when shooting RAW images.

JPEG: 2/3/5/7/10/15/20/30/60s
RAW: 5/7/10/15/20/30/60s
thanks.. I think I am in both mode which would explain it

I shoot RAW only. The 2 sec interval is allowed in hyperlapse mode. In the timed photo mode, the min. is 5 sec. Borrowed from a Youtube video :

1594187639578.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Lens
I shoot RAW only. The 2 sec interval is allowed in hyperlapse mode. In the timed photo mode, the min. is 5 sec. Borrowed from a Youtube video :

View attachment 107234
The 5 second minimal interval for RAW files to process is not good for my timelapse videos. I was very upset originally with my old Mavic Air and now my new Mavic 2 Pro that I can only do hyperlapse RAW at 5 second intervals. It is what it is however.

now my new Mavic 2 Pro that I can only do hyperlapse RAW at 5 second intervals....

Are you sure ? My M2P can do it in 2 sec interval as reflected by the creation time of the RAW files. The followings are the first and last image of a sequence of 200 images. Took 403 seconds to shoot.

1594212430189.png
1594212461522.png

Last edited:
After I reset to the default camera settings.... I was able to do timed 2 second interval shots.

Reactions: Emanáku
I've confirmed that if you set your format to just JPEG, the timed options include 2sec, 3sec, 5sec. If you have RAW enabled, the lowest cycle is 5 seconds.

You still have me confused. Is there a work around to be able to do a hyperlapse with RAW files using a 2 second interval? Can you please carefully, and slowly explain the steps, one at a time?
Do you do this on PHOTO, multiple shots or VIDEO Intelligent flight mode hyperlapse? I have tried it both ways using the RAW files folder in my LRTimelapse software, not using the synthesized JPG files.

photoeyejim, I shoot RAW hyperlapses and have always had the option of 2 second intervals.
Dale, in Photo I set the format to RAW, as you do. While in Photo mode I choose Intelligent Mode. In Intelligent Mode I select Hyperlapse. You will not have the option for 2 second RAW hyperlapse photos if you set your exposure too long for low light scenarios.
If you like I can provide screen shots of the steps. Typing this while at work!!!

photoeyejim, I shoot RAW hyperlapses and have always had the option of 2 second intervals.
Dale, in Photo I set the format to RAW, as you do. While in Photo mode I choose Intelligent Mode. In Intelligent Mode I select Hyperlapse. You will not have the option for 2 second RAW hyperlapse photos if you set your exposure too long for low light scenarios.
If you like I can provide screen shots of the steps. Typing this while at work!!!
Lens:

Greatly appreciated! Especially while you are at work. I am retired so I can afford to wait for you to get off of work.

In brief, it is PHOTO>Intelligent Flight Mode>Hyperlapse>2 second interval. Right? Does the counter go to 125 frames and synthesize? I usually need about 2 cycles (e.g.: 125+125=250 frames and I process at 24 frames per second= 250/24=10 second show. I can edit that 10 seconds down to what is good for me. I never use the synthesized clip from the drone. Rather, I save RAW for processing. Just a brief ok or not ok will do, and thank you again.

Dale
Miami

Lens:

Greatly appreciated! Especially while you are at work. I am retired so I can afford to wait for you to get off of work.

In brief, it is PHOTO>Intelligent Flight Mode>Hyperlapse>2 second interval. Right? Does the counter go to 125 frames and synthesize? I usually need about 2 cycles (e.g.: 125+125=250 frames and I process at 24 frames per second= 250/24=10 second show. I can edit that 10 seconds down to what is good for me. I never use the synthesized clip from the drone. Rather, I save RAW for processing. Just a brief ok or not ok will do, and thank you again.

Dale
Miami
In brief, it is PHOTO>Intelligent Flight Mode>Hyperlapse>2 second interval. Right?
One more step, choose which Hyperlapse to fly.
1612213602124.png

I chose Free, then you tap Interval and choose the Interval

1612213697531.png

Then tap Video Length to choose the length. I chose a 20 second length video below which would create 500 photos in 16:38 time

1612213899938.png

All in RAW format. The compass error is because its sitting on my front sidewalk.
Sorry to be longwinded. Hope this helps

In brief, it is PHOTO>Intelligent Flight Mode>Hyperlapse>2 second interval. Right?
One more step, choose which Hyperlapse to fly.
View attachment 122941

I chose Free, then you tap Interval and choose the Interval

View attachment 122942

Then tap Video Length to choose the length. I chose a 20 second length video below which would create 500 photos in 16:38 time

View attachment 122943

All in RAW format. The compass error is because its sitting on my front sidewalk.
Sorry to be longwinded. Hope this helps

Your screen shows (at the very top right) 1080p/25fpsRAW. Can I do it in 4K too? E.g.: 4K/25 fps/RAW?

So after this discussion I tried it on this evening's sunset.Here are my steps;
I filmed from right above my head at about 61 feet behind my house.
  1. Photo Mode, Saved RAW files,Manual settings.Discarded synthesized clips.
  2. Intelligent Flight Mode
  3. Hyperlapse-Free
  4. Interval-2 seconds
  5. Video Length 20 seconds
  6. I did 2 x 20 seconds sequences (about 400+ frames each)
  7. Processed hyperlapse with Lightroom and LR Timelapse (2clips)
  8. downloaded to iMAC-dragged folder into Adobe Premiere Pro
  9. Processed at 23.927 frames per second-adding music
There were high winds, buffeting the drone all around, and wind warnings on the screen/monitor (9.5 inch iPad). Resultant film is very bumpy. All comments welcomed. Here is the film. Tried to compensate for underexposed foreground in Lightroom but too much noise.

Your screen shows (at the very top right) 1080p/25fpsRAW. Can I do it in 4K too? E.g.: 4K/25 fps/RAW?
Yes you can do it in 4K. The (Footage) 1080p/25fps is the video file created by the GO4 app.
RAW is what is created on the SD card, plus what you have your Photo settings set to.

1612241417173.png

Looks like you have the correct process. Yes the video was bumpy from the wind.
Maybe tomorrow won't be so windy.

Maybe interval photography exists, I'm looking forward to it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear