DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 landings after Drone-Hack

I think whats happening is that the rc pro somehow can generate valid remote id information which gets pushed to the drone (n1 and rc don‘t do this for some reason)
By turning off wifi one can probably disrupt the location services on the rc pro enough to make this step fail. You cannot turn GPS off on this remote.

Far fetched but maybe who knows

I‘ve seen my other drones also forcefully broadcast RID with the rc Pro whereas they don‘t with other controllers. Its definitely weird
I tested both the RC Pro and RC out yesterday with your suggested method of Atti, turning off wifi and restarting. Both are still doing the same thing no matter what mode they are in. It takes a bit longer for the transmission to come on in Atti mode, but it still comes on. I didn't try the RC-N1 yet, which I can see doing better for the reasons mentioned. Both the RC and RC Pro do have their own GPS as said above. It seems there was a push by DJI at some point to make the broadcast regardless of the drone. I'm just not having as much luck as you getting them to be intermittent or stay off.
I should also note that I've re-flashed the DH firmware many times on the drone when doing these tests, just in case something by DJI was written to the drone along the way. I'm not signing in to the app either.

Last edited:
I think whats happening is that the rc pro somehow can generate valid remote id information which gets pushed to the drone (n1 and rc don‘t do this for some reason)
By turning off wifi one can probably disrupt the location services on the rc pro enough to make this step fail. You cannot turn GPS off on this remote.

Far fetched but maybe who knows

I‘ve seen my other drones also forcefully broadcast RID with the rc Pro whereas they don‘t with other controllers. Its definitely weird
The RC is definitely doing the same thing as the Pro. Thats the remote I started with when seeing this was happening. I moved to the RC Pro after the issue was noticed. Unfortunately it just didn't solve the problem.

Just turned the drone on in a new location and it started broadcasting.
I changed to atti for some minutes and it stops.
Didn‘t even reboot and have wifi on (but not connected)

its strange but atti can make it stop and never broadcast again for the whole flight.

My drones with rc non-pro never show up. In fact, the rc pro is the only remote with which i can make the drones show in drone scanner.

hi every one ,first thanks for this great thread and greater participation and sharing of info by friends here, it has been several weeks i have been searching to collect answers for my questions after i made the dh hack to my drones until i arrived here.. my story
i have a mavic 3 i modded by dh a month ago. after the hack i just tested it on the ground armed without props, i checked the rc pages after the mod i noticed that the loss of signal option is set to hover(mentioned earlier in the thread) i reset it to rth... but i didnt test fly it out side( am just charging the batteries after what i read here!), any way last week a friend working for a security trade company who knows i work partly for a filming studio and we have drones asked me to test one of drone detection systems they just imported from china... i personally am out of US and EU and no regulations for drones are there in my country i needed the dh to avoid mainly altitude limits as i film in hills and mountains some times and welcome the getting rid of nfz, without telling him i was glad to test my m3 and to see how stealthy it is cause i read the whole aeroscope story earlier..
the modded dh m3 was detected by his device .. it does not detect an id or coordinates but it detected the occulosync as the name of the drone..
i know the guys here tested other detection systems like droid id app...
so i will be glad to do some testing and share results here as this will help me and others to share the mod...
although some questions or discussion out side the topic may be necessary to draw out the full understanding as am a year into the mavics i need to ask and read a lot but am a 10 years or more into phantoms..

Reactions: Bobby Kane
first the github page of the russian 1001 fw is gone i went there to check and its no more available but in my search earlier i recall i saw a video on utube for a russian guy testing the modedm3 ill post it here it seems to have interesting answers to loss os signal incase being on normal and atti modes

I have no idea what firmware is in use in that video but the command used in the video definitely just sets the drone name to "gps off" and nothing else for DH firmware. No idea why his GPS count goes red and the banner says no gps but it clearly has 29/30 (changing) satellites connected. Must be some prototype of that firmware or something

The correct command for DH firmware would be "gps_off," or "gps_on," notice the missing underscore and comma in his video.

My testings were BTW all done in a authorization zone before the location change yesterday - I launched yesterday and today out of that authorization zone and my conclusion is apparently once the drone realizes its in EU it shuts off the broadcasting. You need ~> 12 sats to make it set the home point on its own and that is where I can take off without broadcasting.

So I have to do the ATTI dance when I'm in a authorization zone and just start with good gps in normal zones.

Thats only what I can say from using Drone Scanner, OpenDroneID and Air Sentinel.As said my other drones never showed up in these apps before up to the point where I thought the apps don't work at all. It was only until I recently received the RC Pro and the drones show up left and right with that remote in that authorization zone (tested with Mavic 3, Mavic 3 Classic, Air 2s) except with the mentioned quirks.
And thats probably where I'll leave it at :D I no langer want to "maintenance" my batteries with these tests and its not a big deal for me so good luck guys ;)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sustain.Ukraine