DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Antenna help please

diveinstructor

Reactions
Im American living here in Indonshia on a VERY small island with lots of trees, buildings , wifi and ele wires....

Ive had my mavic for a month now and LOVE IT..... only issue I have is I cant get out more than 300 M without loosing RC signal :-(

Ive tired going to a higher altitude and it did help but not much....

IF i fly it off my beach direct out over the ocean I can get out to 500 M easy with full RC bars so thats telling me that there is lots of interference on the island its self...

Do you guys have ANY advice to a range extender that would be good? I dont mind spending the money on a good set.

Thanks for any help!

Joe

I'm kinda on board with you, with the exception of I don't want to spend a ton of dough. Wondering if there is anything moderately priced and also not having to void warranty by breaking into the controller to modify. Something external

Reactions: diveinstructor
I'm kinda on board with you, with the exception of I don't want to spend a ton of dough. Wondering if there is anything moderately priced and also not having to void warranty by breaking into the controller to modify. Something external
I tried those external entenna things that look like radar dish, they did not help out my RC.

I tried those external entenna things that look like radar dish, they did not help out my RC.

Yeah you need an amped system. The Mavic system out of the box is the best thing on the market. Adding a panel non-amped type like DBS NanoSync will probably make it worse... or simply not better.

But if you’re in the monitory of people that need better, do the Cyclone it Atlas System from Titan Drones. For $249 and an hour you’ll have more power than you’ll know what to do with.

Agreed the Windsurfers on the Mavic make it worse. Don’t know why, but it actually hurt my signal.

As for your warranty,
#1 the odds of you needing warranty work on your RC is 1-5,000. Basically “not gonna happen”.

#2 the warranty for your bird is more important

#3 buy a second remote

Just some ideas

Thanks
Yeah you need an amped system. The Mavic system out of the box is the best thing on the market. Adding a panel non-amped type like DBS NanoSync will probably make it worse... or simply not better.

But if you’re in the monitory of people that need better, do the Cyclone it Atlas System from Titan Drones. For $249 and an hour you’ll have more power than you’ll know what to do with.

Agreed the Windsurfers on the Mavic make it worse. Don’t know why, but it actually hurt my signal.

As for your warranty,
#1 the odds of you needing warranty work on your RC is 1-5,000. Basically “not gonna happen”.

#2 the warranty for your bird is more important

#3 buy a second remote

Just some ideas
Thanks for the advice im looking into the Titan Cyclone antenna, any advice on this system?

Thanks

Thanks for the advice im looking into the Titan Cyclone antenna, any advice on this system?

It’s a well built system with great results.

I took mine apart today for another project, and it’s like a Apple product, looks good on the insides even though no one will ever see it!

You can’t go wrong for the money!

I took mine apart today for another project, and it’s like a Apple product, looks good on the insides even though no one will ever see it!

Great! I work on Apple products sometimes changing screens etc etc so I know what your talking about there. Thanks for the advice!

Thanks

If you have clear line of sight, get the Cyclone. If you have trees and hills like I do, get the Atlas system with whip antennas. I initially bought the Cyclone with the intention of modding it with whips so I would have both options. At the time I finished the mods, Titan released a whip version of the cyclone.

What kind of project would that be? ;)

If you have clear line of sight, get the Cyclone. If you have trees and hills like I do, get the Atlas system with whip antennas. I initially bought the Cyclone with the intention of modding it with whips so I would have both options. At the time I finished the mods, Titan released a whip version of the cyclone.
not many hills but lots of trees and buildings with wifi etc etc. I dont have a clear line of site 95% of the time. So ill try the whip version thanks!

Right on man, thanks for the heads up. I was wondering about those.
I think im gona give the Atles system a try, being my location i think its my best option. Its a bit pricey but what the heck ive already dumped 1200.00 into this thing and being I cant get more then 300m out im ok with spending a little more to get out HOPEFULLY to the 1k or 2k range.

Titan Drones, Inc.

Attachments

• 598636641.png
    598636641.png
    218.4 KB · Views: 18
I think im gona give the Atles system a try, being my location i think its my best option. Its a bit pricey but what the heck ive already dumped 1200.00 into this thing and being I cant get more then 300m out im ok with spending a little more to get out HOPEFULLY to the 1k or 2k range.

Titan Drones, Inc.

It’s almost guaranteed... for the price honestly you’ll feel good about your purchase. The craftsmanship alone will impress.

Just advice, you should make sure Titan knows where you are in the world. Have them double check everything otherwise shipping to fix things will cost a small fortune.

Just got my mavic and brand new to the site, so I have no tips on aftermarket antennas and tricks. But, as an amateur radio operator of 25 years, the fact that you get much more range over water is not a surprise. Radio Frequency (RF) energy always performs well over water and your signals will travel farther before fading into oblivion.

Be weary of antenna claims by manufacturers and rely on real world experience from real owners of the products. Even in amateur radio, which is filled with tons of people a lot smarter than me, the manufacturers will make inflated claims and many fall for it.

It’s almost guaranteed... for the price honestly you’ll feel good about your purchase. The craftsmanship alone will impress.

Just advice, you should make sure Titan knows where you are in the world. Have them double check everything otherwise shipping to fix things will cost a small fortune.
Ya thanks for the heads up on shipping. Already got that taken care of, got a friend coming from canada soon so i can have it sent to him.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear